As a high school wrestler at Oak Lawn High School, Bill Vail placed second in the state meet his senior year. He had a three-year career record of 65-7. Bill was 1967 Junior Olympic National Champion and was undefeated as a Junior Olympic World Team Member.
After graduation in 1967 he went on to compete at Joliet Junior College and won the National Junior College Championships in 1970. He completed his undergraduate studies at Northern Colorado University in Greeley Colorado.
Bill has been very active in his career in the organization and administrative aspect of wrestling from state wide, national and international events. These activities include: Olympic Competition Director, World Junior Championship Director, World Cup Championship Director, International Team Head Coach, World Cup of Greco-Roman Team Leader, and World Freestyle Championship Team Leader. Included are:
* Team Leader/Head Coach, International Exchange Team to Germany, 1982
* Executive Director/Tournament Director, World Junior Wrestling Championships, 1983
* Assistant Competition Director/Sports Manager, Games of the XXIII Olympiad-Los Angeles, CA, 1984
* Team Leader, World Cup of Greco-Roman Wrestling, Lund, Sweden, 1985
* Executive Director/Tournament Director, World Greco-Roman Team Trials- · Oak Lawn, IL, 1986
* Executive Director/Tournament Director, World Cup of Greco-Roman Wrestling-Oak Lawn, IL, 1986
* USA Representative, Games of XXIV Olympiad-Seoul, Korea, 1988
* Team Leader/U.S.A Representative, World Freestyle Championship-Varna, Bulgaria, 1991
* Team Administrator, Games of the XXV Olympiad-Barcelona, Spain, 1992
* Executive Director/Tournament Director for Freestyle and Greco-Roman Wrestling, Cadet World Championships-Frankfort, IL, 1994
* Tournament and Competition Director, World Freestyle Championships Atlanta, GA, 1995
* Original Competition Manager, Games of the XXVI Olympiad-Atlanta, GA, 1996
* Tournament and Competition Director, World Team Duals-Chicago, IL, 1998
Bill is Senior Vice-President at CA Ventures, Chicago, IL.
Copyright © 2023 RCH Wrestling Foundation - All Rights Reserved.